#NationalPicnicWeek is here!! Scotch eggs are a firm favourite picnic food for us - homemade ones are even better. These are perfect to share with the family, let us know if you make them.
100g plain flour, seasoned
80g panko breadrumbs
2tbsp white seasme seeds
1tbsp black sesame seeds
oil for deep frying
2tbsp gochujang (korean hot pepper paste)
1tsp soft brown sugar
1 garlic clove, grated
1tsp grated ginger
2tbsp gochujang (Korean hot pepper paste)
2 spring onion finely chopped
salt & pepper
- Bring a saucepan of water to simmer, lower your eggs and cook for 6 minutes. Cool, peel, and set aside.
- Put the flour in a bowl, the breadcrumbs and sesame seeds in a bowl, and the beaten eggs and milk in a bowl.
- In a large bowl add the sausage meat and all the pork mix ingredients. mix well to combine.
- Divide the mix into 6 portions. Evenly spread out each portion onto clingfilm then lightly dust an egg with flour and place into the middle of the pork mix. Use the clingfilm to gather and shape the meat around the egg. Continue with the remaining eggs & portions of pork mix.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll a chilled meatball in flour, then the egg mix then the breadcrumb mix. Shallow fry or cook in the air fryer/oven until the pork is cooked!