Treat mum to an exceptional cut of meat this weekend, and cook it simply to perfection!
Cote du beouf is a thick cut of beef, similar to a ribeye steak. The best way to cook it is by using a high-heat cooking method such as grilling or pan-searing, followed by finishing it in the oven:
- Remove the steak from the refrigerator at least 30 minutes before cooking to bring it to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Season the steak generously with salt and black pepper.
- Heat a cast-iron pan (oven proof heavy pan) over high heat until very hot.
- Add a little oil to the pan and sear the steak on both sides until browned, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Transfer the pan to the preheated oven (ensuring the pan is oven proof!) and roast the steak until it reaches your desired doneness, around 10-15 minutes for medium-rare.
- Remove the steak from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
Enjoy your delicious cote du beouf with salad or greens and mash!